RESE 2018 – Day 1 Wrap Up
Check out RESE Day 1 wrap up video below and click the speakers names for their key takeaways. Remember, an idea without implementation is just an idea.
High-Performance Mindset / Winning Business through Laws of Attraction - Mat Steinwede
- What’s your fire? Is it out of control? Find out WHY you do what you do and devote your life to it.
- Our job as agents is to create stock that is invisible. If you have a listing problem, you have a prospecting problem. Don’t get caught up in rejection, it’ll paralyse you. Remember your WHY, stay in your lane and become the best.
- “Success is a direct result of how you make people feel. Real estate is an energy game, not a scripted and dialogue game.”
- Laws of attraction are the reasons you win new business. You 100% control your energy. What you think about is important. Your constant thought creates emotion and excitement.
- What’s the next level for you? What’s it’s going to take to be the greatest you can be?
“A listing presentation is about finding a solution, you can’t do that without connecting, communicating and listening.”
How to run an Effective Business Unit - Alexandra Porter
- Write down your goals and positive affirmations
- Write them in future tense, so it helps you think you’ve already achieved it
- Persevere through the bad so you can enjoy the good
- Burnout is real – create a great team. Learn and grow together by sharing the highs and lows of real estate.
- Ensure this team compliments you. If you’re not good at something, hire someone who is. Spend your time doing dollar productive business
- Ensure the people you hire have an excellent work ethic – real estate is not a 5pm clock off job. Flexibility yes, but people who sit there watching the clock isn’t ok.
“Build a team that compliments you and clearly define everyone’s roles so that your buyers get as much love as your sellers.”
Moods and Choices - Haesley Cush
- “People love to refer people who do a good job”
- Success is more than just money. To be successful you have to have success in every bucket; relationships, finance and health.
- When you have success in every bucket, you’ll watch your business grow. Remember, successful outcomes are fuelled by activities which comes from an emotional foundation.
- “You are the product, no one knows you better than you. If you’re feeling “off”, know what it takes to turn back “on”.
- The currency of life is how you feel. You’ll get a better ROI if you feel good. The magic is knowing what you have to do to be successful.
“Set a target, plan, structure and then measure. If you’re not hitting your target, it’s one of 3 things. Skills need improving, there’s a lag or the activities are wrong.”
Mindset and Emotional Fitness - Cynthia Morton
- Take your heart out of your survival mode and explore the emotional literacy and the effect heart trauma can have on a human.
- Find tools that help you hearticulate your truth with confidence, clarity and calm assertion.
- Tuning in to yourself and being in sync with what you are feeling, so you can ride the highs and lows of your career.
- Be in touch with both your feminine and masculine sides. You need to have a balance to be a complete person internally.
- What do you judge success on? It’s more than just business, it’s about being a whole person.
- We all have an addiction whether it’s great or small, and whatever it is, it can be overcome.
“The two hardest assignments in life – to live happily ever after with yourself and the other is to live happily ever after with an intimate other.”
How To Get Listings From Listings - Justin Nickerson
- Steer away from price-based conversation and towards the speed of sale
- Motivation creates interest which creates better price
- Target your photos and property descriptions towards the house’s key audience. Use your headline effectively. Don’t waste it
- Your role is not to sell the property, but help make an informed decision on behalf of the vendors
- Effective headings make the sellers appear motivated. “Waterfront Property For Sale” …that’s obvious… “Vendor Needs to Sell” creates urgency, therefore more interest
“Motivation creates interest which creates a better price.”
Leadership in 2018 - Matt Lahood
- Do you practice what you preach?
- If you’re a team leader, you need to meet every week and discuss; what’s not working, where’s the challenges, where do we need to improve.
- Real leaders empower people
- How a leader should make their team feel; safe, empowered, understood, confident
- The best advice I offer other agents is to work with your buyers and over-service your vendors. Offer a service that never lets your buyers or vendors forget you.
- There’s two marketplaces; one out there – GFC, housing market, interest rates etc. and the other one is in between your ears and how you think. You can only control one of them.
- Key leadership qualities; approachable, listener, empathetic, good energy, take the fall, share the glory.
- Leadership in real estate today; move with the changing marketplace, guide through the changes, re-invention; self and business, flexibility, adapt to new work structures and technology.
“If you don’t like change, you’re going to like irrelevance even less” – stay relevant, with your team, kids and peers.”